Friday, September 12, 2008

Fleece Play Pants

I am not sure why, but I have been really intrigued by sewing recently. I have pulled my sewing machine back out, and my small fabric stash with it. From there I pulled out this adorable fleece print, which I had a smidgen more than I would need for a pair of fleece pants for a toddler.

Not only was the pattern I used easy, but they also had good instructions on putting elastic in a waistband casing. The results were surprisingly neat, even with my relative inexperience. The legs look a little long, though that is in part because I need to hem them after I have my neice try them on.

Pattern: Play pants
Pattern Source: Learn to Make Children's Clothes by Sue Locke

This pattern is the first one where I had to draft my own pattern pieces from a scaled down version on a page. I had a few concerns about working with the grid, but it wasn't too bad at least with these relatively small pieces for baby clothing. I think it might have been a little harder to get a smooth line with a larger finished item.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger pigbook1 said...

I kind of expected you at the common cod fiber guild last night. So how are you doing? What are you working on now that it is fall and you don't have any thesis work to do?

13/9/08 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home