Wednesday, August 20, 2008


I know that I don't have a lot of sewing experience, but that never seems to stop me from jumping in with both feet. I found this great dragonfly fabric (image click larger), and I knew that it was perfect for a pinafore pattern I had picked up previously for Ms. L.

This pattern is super simple and really straightforward. I am glad I made a much bigger size though, because I think it won't be too long before it fits my 1 year old niece.

Pattern: S8948 Toddler Pinafore
Size: 3

Modifications: I changed the shape of the pockets from ducks, and then promptly ignored the instructions on how to attach them. They are firmly attached with nice turned edges, though, which would have been harder with their original shape.

Also I started doing button holes at the tops of the straps as instructed and was really unhappy with the second one, even after repeated attempts. So instead I used snaps. This had the extra advantage of making the whole thing more reversible, though there are only pockets on one side.

After finishing the pinafore I still had enough left over from the 0.75 yard of the dragonfly material to make a good sized, coordinating drawstring bag that could fit the pinafore, the Swing high cardigan, and the Stripey BSJ.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home