Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bobbin Lace

On the first day of the Terminus programing, the day started with something that I could not miss: "The Magical World of Bobbin Lace." The workshop organizer, Nancy in Chicago, had a bunch of pillows set up so that we can try bobbin lace out for ourselves. So cool!

She had some beautiful example pieces including Hedwig:

There was also several other pieces, and I even got to take home a kit for the snake project.

Previously Salvbard had made a point of gently suggesting the bobbin lace was not a great idea with my lack of time in grad school. Given that this trip to Chicago was in part a celebration of completing my thesis work, though I was more than a little amused to start off the programming with learning about this technique.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home