Monday, August 25, 2008

Such a Slytherin

Many moons ago Angela Marie gave me the left over yarn from my HSS2 socks. Since that I have fairly small feet, I knew I could make another pair of socks from the 62 grams of green and 13 g of silver yarn. When I saw Lykkefanten's awesome "Such a Slytherin" pattern coming out around the same time, I knew this was a match made in heaven.

Pattern: Such a Slytherin (Ravelry download only) by Lykkefanten
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential in pine and dusk
Yarn Supplier: AngelaMarie
Needles: US Size 1s / 2.25 mm

The heel detail is very cute, and the duplicate stitch wasn't too bad.

The other duplicate stitch on these socks was the snake on the top of the instep. My duplicate stitch wasn't perfectly tensioned, but I still love the results.

These socks were my first pair that I knit at Terminus. (The other pair I knit only got to through the legs before I left for home.) These socks are not only fabulous in their own right, but they are also a really fun reminder of the event.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home