Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Black Bess

Recently I was digging through my finishing basket looking for a missing baby sweater. (The baby sweater did show up eventually, but in a completely different place.) In the process I came across this scarflette. I had knit it way back in the winter of 2006, but never woven in the ends because I didn't know anyone who could use such a thing. As a result I was thinking of picking out the last few rows and making it longer, but mostly I just forgot about it once it had been abandoned in the basket.

Pattern: Elizabeth I - Dainty Bess by JoLene M. Treace
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in black (exactly 1 skein)
Size: 33.25"/83.5 cm
Needles: US 5/3.75 mm

(Please excuse my difficulties in photographing a black project.) This was my first real lace project, and I think it is a good way to learn the basics of reading a lace pattern without worrying about a pattern that also calls for increases at the same time.


Well almost 2 years later and I find myself at a very different point in my life. Now instead of the decent but casual clothes I wore in graduate school, I am looking more towards the professional, and this scarflette, might actually fit in with my wardrobe after all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home