Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cast On!

Do you ever challenge yourself to something just because? On the Ravelry "Stash Down 2008" forum there is a challenge to finish 10 WIPs in a row without starting anything new. So far I have finished 7/10, but I am starting flag.

Fortunately there is a loop hole. You can cast something on with the yarn from a WIP that you rip out. Digging through my WIP basket I found 2 such projects that I just wasn't happy with.

The first was a cabled baby sweater for my niece. I love the pattern I was using, but since my row gauge was different the increases on the sleeves looked wonky. I plan to restart this in the same design.


The second was a neck tie. Why the heck did I want to knit a neck tie? I don't know, but it seemed a good idea at the time... Now it has been reborn as a pair of socks. Ahh socks, how I have missed you!

1 Comments:

Blogger catsmum said...

I didn't HAVE 10 wips so I passed on that one - and anyway my wips are mostly biiiig beggars which is why they became wips in the first place so I work on them in spurts between other things.

19/9/08 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home