Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quick, Empty the Bobbins

It is funny. Like clockwork, the weather starts getting a little cooler, and I bring my spinning wheel out of its summer retirement. When things are hot and sticky I just can't stand the clinging wisps of fiber, but in the Fall things are completely different.


Today I finished up a bobbin of blue merino/tussah silk, and plied it back on itself to make a 2-ply. The resulting skein is a little smaller than I would like, but I will get to the other 2 ounces soon. For now I needed room on the bobbins for this:


Some lovely dark emerald (slightly more so than shown here) wool that I picked up from Lucy at Mind's Eye Yarns this week for a different sort of craft-a-long. Over on Ravelry, there is a HP Knitting/Crocheting House Cup group, and I was lucky enough to get to participate in the Quidditch. Very exciting! I am a Beater (think defense) for Slytherin, so I will be helping spin the hand-spun for our project. Now to work! I need 280 yards of worsted, so it shouldn't take too long if I stay focused.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home