Sunday, September 30, 2007

Purple Baby Socks

No SPS this week. Honestly I am not feeling like myself with Salvbard flying out tonight. Maybe next week.

So I mentioned baby socks in my last post. What is not to love? They are so incredibly fast and sweet. I love everything about these socks.


Yarn: ArtYarns Ultramerino 4 (~0.5 skein)
Supplier: The Knitting Room
Needles: US Size 1s
Pattern: Baby Eyelet and Cable Socks
Source: Vogue Knitting on the Go: Socks Two

The yarn is super sproingy and wonderful. This pair took only a few bus rides. The pattern is one that I had been meaning to try for ages, and the faux cable that makes the spiral-like appearance go very fast.

As an added bonus, their great color is a last minute nod to the end of Project Spectrum 2. It has been really fun, and I admit being a little sad to see this round finish. It was always inspiring even if I wasn't crafting in the "right" colors. It was totally worthwhile just for the mindfulness it brought and for way it prompted me to think outside the same colors I tend to.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This pattern is adorable. I love all the baby stuff you're making. I need to start a baby gift soon, and I'm keeping these socks in mind!

1/10/07 12:22 AM  
Blogger Beatriz said...

Hi Omly, thanks for stopping by my blog. I tried emailing you back and it was returned undeliverable. About the HFCS, I wonder if it has anything to do with corn. I know someone who gets migraines if she eats anything with corn. Take care!

3/10/07 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home