Friday, October 19, 2007

Baby Scarf and Mittens

Yes, I know last week that I was bemoaning the fact that I had too many projects going. But what did I do? I cast on another project. In my defense, at the Breast Cancer walk, I was horrified as a knitter to find that my niece didn't have any mittens. After all it has been unseasonably warm. So how was I to resist this face?


So I dug around in my stash to come up with these. Garter stitch isn't usually my favorite, but in this case the nice thick, squishy material it makes is perfect.


Yarn: Spunky Eclectic Super Sport in delphinium (less than 1 skein)
Fiber: 100% superwash merino
Needles: US Size 3s/3.25 mm
Pattern: b14-16 Hat, scarf and mittens in Alpaca by DROPS design
Size: mittens = 6-9 months, scarf = see modifications

Modifications: I didn't go with the needle size suggested for the pattern because I think the air space is important for the warmth of such a project. That air is insulative! Accordingly my gauge was a bit larger, so I for the scarf used the number of stitches suggested for the 0-3 month size, but the lengths for the 6-9.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little set Omly! Your niece will look absolutely exquisite, all decked out in the beautiful knitting of her aunt :)

20/10/07 11:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh those are adoreable! Great job... and love the photo... she's a cutie :)

20/10/07 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home