Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stormy Winter Sky yarn

Remember that Stormy Winter Sky roving that I dyed a bit ago? Well I finally got a chance to spin it. The singles looked okay, especially considering I was working on a different wheel than I usually do. (That deserves its own post so I will save that story for another day.) The plying looked less consistent than I would have liked, though, as I had a lot of problems with the different tension system.

I finished the spinning and plying last night, but today I took advantage of the unbelievably nice weather to give the skein a quick bath and then let it dry outside. Plus I have to say that there is nothing quite like fabulous day for taking yarn pictures.

I have to say for all my minor disgruntlements about the plying, the colors worked out really nicely. I love how you get the grey mixed with the blue and every so often a peek of blue plyed with blue like a bit of sky peeking out of some light cloud cover. (Why yes that niddy noddy is made out of pvc piping.)

I liked this second niddy noddy picture because you get a good sense of how the colors gradually shift from more to less grey and back.

Now the question is will I be able to give this skein up? Or will I have to keep it for myself?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I can very seldom let go of yarn. However, if I knit something up out of it, I find that I can let go of that - whatever it is :)

15/3/07 10:16 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

That's lovely! :)

Thanks for listening to our podcast! We haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth yet but plan to based on all the good things we heard. :)

17/3/07 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home